At True Athlete Performance, we are proud to be a leader in sports performance training in the DMV and we continue to strive for success by continuously pursuing relationships and producing desired results. Joining the TrueAP team will present you with rewarding opportunities to help drive these results and a chance to build a successful career with a constantly growing company.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate, driven and dedicated, and who can support the True Athlete Performance mission: To help every athlete maximize his or her full athletic potential, regardless of age, gender, limitation, sport or natural ability through hard work, dedication, and an intense focus on form.
(Paid Positions Available in Northern Virginia/ Maryland)
Our company specializes in improving sports performance for athletes of any age, sport, or skill level.
An internship at True Athlete Performance will present you with the opportunity to experience hands-on coaching with as many as 150 athletes per day. Each intern will have the chance to coach youth, high school and collegiate athletes, become more familiar with the intricacies of program design, and observe and assist a variety of athletes under the supervision of our qualified staff of performance coaches.
As a True AP intern, you would have the opportunity to compliment your hands-on learning experience with participation in our our weekly Staff In-Service, which focuses on continuing education in a classroom-style learning environment. Internship participants will develop coaching, testing and program-design skill sets to compliment career aspirations within the fitness industry.
Additionally, all interns are provided with Nike apparel, and will begin their internship experience with an all-staff seminar/mentorship hosted at our northern Virginia facility.
Expectations of all Applicants
- Be competent teaching dynamic warm-up & flexibility drills
- Demonstrate a knowledge of training techniques
- Be eager to learn and accepting of constructive criticism
- Must be comfortable interacting with coaches, clients, parents, etc.
- Present yourself in a manner that will reinforce your status as a role model for impressionable young athletes
True Athlete Performance internships are scheduled according to traditional academic semesters and summer vacation.
- First week of January (ends in March)
- Last week of May (ends in August)
- Second week of September (ends in December)
If you are interested in any of these internship positions, please fill out the form below.
We Are Looking To Grow Our Team! Do You Have What It Takes?
Part Time Performance Coach
(Positions Available in Northern Virginia/ Maryland)
Job Summary: This position is directly responsible for the development and implementation of large group performance training programs for the Michael Johnson Performance Center’s on-site performance program. The part time performance coach will work directly with the Athlete Development Coordinator on all aspects of implementing a performance program including: implement athlete assessment protocols, implement TRUEAP training methods, manage class time and maximize efficiency within TRUEAP. The part time performance coach must be able to communicate the performance training philosophy methods and progress to athletes and parents to increase athletes’ education, commitment and training experience. This position also requires the coach to be an ambassador of the True Athlete Performance (TRUEAP) program by representing the TRUEAP core values and principles of the organization.
- Report directly to Site Director
- Assist in small and large group training
- Assist in planning for all training logistics
- Assist in motivating athletes to perform up to their potential
- Assist in assessments/testing for athletes
- Assist in data entry of performance results under supervision of Site Director
- Educate coaches/parents/athletes of TRUEAP training protocols and methodology
- Experience playing/ coaching sports in High School, College, etc.
- Personal Training Certification or Strength and Conditioning Certification Preferred.
- Must Obtain Personal Training or Strength and Conditioning Certification within 6 Months of the Date of Hire.
- Hourly group training rates vary – $15 to $25/hr.
- Commission for sales leads and Personal Training revenue (up to 60%)
*compensation based on experience, certification and results.